We still have not heard anything from the second visit and whether they would recommend us for James. Weeks have come and gone and still no word. I don’t really know why I should be surprised at the lack of news. However, the visit to foster carers and medical advisor is still set to go ahead which I think is why I’m not so frustrated by the lack of news.
In the meantime, I find myself imagining being James’ mum. I am cautious that I maybe fantasising about an ideal child and know that the reality is going to be very different! This is hoping that we get through of course! What did make me come down to earth with a bump is that some extra medical information about James has come to light. The way the information was conveyed to us was very insensitive and could have made us run the other way. However, we aren’t put off so easily and knowing that things can get lost in translation, we are holding our horses until we get more information.
So we are thinking about what questions to ask the foster carer and the Medical Advisor. We see this a really good opportunity to find out more about James and so have written down a lot of questions!